Code of Conduct
Within each Age Group, there is one or multiple Leaders (called Age Managers). Here’s the Code of Conduct that they uphold and commit to before volunteering as an Age Manager:
- I will remember that children participate for enjoyment and winning is only part of the fun.
- I will never ridicule or yell at children for making a mistake or not winning.
- I will be reasonable in my demands on children’s’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
- I will operate within the rules and spirit of the competition and teach my children to do the same.
- I will ensure that the time children spend with me is a positive experience. All children are deserving of equal attention and opportunities.
- I will avoid overplaying talented children and understand that the less talented children need and deserve equal time.
- I will not use bad language nor will I harass children, officials or parents.
- I will ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all children.
- I will display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with the competition including competitors, officials and parents. I will encourage my children to do the same.
- I will show concern and caution toward sick and injured children and follow the advice of a physician when determining whether an injured child is ready to recommence training or competition.
- I will obtain appropriate qualifications and keep up to date with the latest teaching practices and the principles of growth and development of children.
- I will not arrive at the beach intoxicated or drink alcohol whilst performing my duties as an age manager.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.